U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2011, 07:49 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,526,855 times

Advertisements

Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mart II

canon-pixma-pro9000-mart-ii photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

The Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mart II Is the perfect printer for anyone looking for good photo printing capabilities. The $500 price tag is worth the money to be able to print my own work at home and save the cost of going to the printer and paying for the prints out of pocket. With the eight color ink system, I get better coloring on all my photos. There are two paper chutes so that you can print regular documents or photos from the same printer without having to remove all the paper and switch it back when you are finished. Photos print in less than a minute and do not streak with wet ink like some of the other bubble jet or photo printers sometimes do.

The little features that are built into this printer are amazing. The light correction as well as auto red-eye correction are my favorite. I like that I am not limited to using only Canon brand papers as you are with some other photo printers.

Unlike every other computer printer that I have ever purchased, I was not pleased that this one in particular did not come with ink. After setting up the printer, I had to go out and purchase ink, which was rather expensive. It was difficult figuring out how to get the printer to print from each of the trays, as they are each a different set up. It took me a few days to get all the settings situated as I wanted them, but I expected that no matter which model printer that I purchased. The printer head is rather noisy as it warms up, but once it gets going it is quiet, allowing me to print photos at any time of the day or night.

Overall, I have been pleased with the Canon Pixma Pro 9000. It has done everything that I wanted it to and then some. There were a few frustrating points, but once I got a hold of how to fix them, it was smooth sailing from there. I give this printer a 5 star rating because it's fast and the photo quality is absolutely excellent.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews