Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2011, 02:26 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

Epson Artisan 835 Wireless All-in-One Printer

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

When I got this device, I wasn't really in the market for a new printer, but the one I already had was starting to get paper jams all time. The older one was becoming increasingly annoying and time-consuming to deal with, and this new printer had fax, scanning, and copying capabilities, so I bit the bullet and bought it.

The printer has a shiny black outer casing, and it looks good next to the computer desk which is also black. It's pretty small and compact, yet will take standard size and 8"x 14" paper if needed. The input tray for the paper does not protrude out too much, so there is less of a chance that it can be accidently broken.

One of the best features of this printer is the LED control panel in the front of the unit. On this panel, I can select which type of job I need to do, and it will guide me through an easy to follow menu. When the printer is doing a print, scan, or fax job, the little beeps and noises are relatively quiet and not distracting, which I like. So far, there are no issues with paper jams, which was my main concern. Ink usage is not excessive, and the printouts are clean, high quality, fast, and exit the machine smoothly.

There are a couple of things about the printer that are slightly annoying. The first issue is that it takes forever for a scanned document to transfer from the printer's internal memory to Windows on the PC. And when the scanned image finally gets to the Windows, it places the image in the My Pictures folder automatically, without allowing me to decide what folder I want to save it in. The other issue is that I am used to getting a confirmation slip or printout when a fax transmission has been successful. Although there is a "fax sent" message on the LED screen, I would prefer a confirmation page. Other than those couple of things, I can say I am extremely happy with this printer.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews