Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 04:54 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Aerobie 80R08 AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker

aerobie-80r08-aeropress-coffee-and-espresso-maker photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

After many days of careful internet-based research into the best coffee makers, I finally decided on the Aeropress. My experience in researching the topic of coffee makers taught me a number of things. The mantra-like repetition of all of the major factors that influence the coffee you end up with made its way through all of the reviews I read. The temperature of the water, the way the water and coffee mix, and how the coffee is extracted from the grounds all have their influence on your cup of morning Joe. In short I found it very hard to understand how all of the coffee makers worked, so I decided to take it into my own hands - all the processes, literally - so I chose the Aerobie. That way I can control how hot the water is and how long it will mix with my coffee.

The instructions regarding how to make a cup of coffee are included with the press, and they are very clear. They read a little something like this:

1. Put some coffee into the unit itself, and according to the manufacturer you should add one cup of coffee per scoop.

2. Heat up the correct amount of water in order to pour it into your unit. I recommend boiling water, which can remove some unpleasant flavors, then letting it cool down just a little. Once it's at the right temperature, pour it in at the ratios indicated above.

3. Mix the water and the coffee grounds. In a press, the water and grounds are completely mixed. You should let the water sit for about ten seconds, but experimenting often works in order to get the right flavor.

4. Put the plunger in then carefully remove the water from the press. In this part, what you do is insert the plunger so as to push the water out over the course of about twenty seconds. This assures that you get the best amount of steeping, and that the flavor is correct. Too long or too short and you spoil the brew.

5. Drink your coffee, or water it down a little for American style coffee.

Long story short is that I hope you appreciate my explanation of the Aeropress, and that I am very happy with it. This machine makes some of the greatest tasting coffee which is really clean, and really inexpensive. So far as I am concerned the Aeropress is better than a french press or percolating coffee maker. It's not as convenient, but like any lover of coffee, I'm willing to spend that extra bit of time to make sure I get the perfect brew!

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews