Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 02:46 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

Dyson DC27 Vacuum Cleaner

dyson-dc27-vacuum-cleaner photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

My Dyson DC27 was purchased about 3-years ago upon the recommendation of many of my friends who had previously bought a Dyson vacuum. Although I have dogs, I chose to buy the all floors model, and I have not regretted my decision for one minute. I think it is the best vacuum that I have ever bought. I've had vacuum cleaners that were much more expensive that have not lasted as long or done nearly the job that my Dyson does.

It is very powerful and easily picks up much more dirt than any of my other vacuums ever did. I like the fact that there is no bag to empty and replace. It is simply a see through canister, so you can clearly see what is being picked up and when it needs to be emptied. No fuss, no mess. When the canister is full, pull it off the vacuum, dump the contents into the garbage, snap the canister back in place and continue vacuuming. The Dyson vacuum cleaner picks up every bit of dirt on the floors and carpets, I know this because I like to walk around in bare feet and there is nothing left on the floors after I vacuum. There is a setting for floors and another for carpet. Going from floor to carpet, or reverse is simply a push of a button. I love the extended telescopic reach mechanism. Simply pull it up and you have a hose with an attachment on the end to get at the cobwebs around the ceiling, and to pick up dirt that is tucked into corners where the vacuum can't reach. When done, simply put the hose back in place and continue. Even though I don't have the ball type of Dyson vacuum, I find it manoeuvres very easily.

There are only two minor issues that I have about this Dyson vacuum cleaner. It tends to have difficulty picking up some of the larger, fluffier bits of dirt floating around. I find that I have to lift the suction area up a little in order for it to pick the dirt up rather than push it around. The other issue is the cord, I find that I have to hold it up at the end that is closest to the vacuum while I am vacuuming or it will get in the way.

The average price for this Dyson model is from $530.00 and up.

Overall, I think this is the best vacuum cleaner that I have ever purchased and I will never go back to another brand ever again.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews