Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 12:58 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Craftsman 11570 19.2V Sander

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

After I lost all of my tools in a fire, I was looking for replacements that would be high quality enough to help me do my work without costing a fortune. I settled on the Craftsman C3 19.2 Volt Sander as one of my choices and was surprised by the great results it delivered. The appearance of the Craftsman sander was enough to give me doubts. It has an unusual design that turned out to be a big advantage while using it.

The Craftsman sander has a powerful 11,000 OPM that make it strong enough to remove the old paint and rough edges that I need it for. It is made with a triangular base to help get into places other sanders can't reach. The combination of power and design make it the ideal tool for a number of jobs where there are corners that you can't reach with a full-sized sander.

The sander comes with three sandpaper pads but I have had problems finding the paper to replace it. It takes a special kind of paper and they don't keep a wide selection available at Sears, so this limits my choices. The sander also produces a lot of dust that can be a bit overwhelming since there is no dust bag.

One of the biggest advantages to the sander is its use of the 19.2 Volt Lithium battery. I have a number of different tools that use the same type and size of battery so I just make sure I always have a couple on the charger and I can use them in whatever tool I need. Since the sander is cordless, it also offers the convenience that a corded sander doesn't offer. I don't have to drag out long extension cords when I want to work on something that is not possible to put on my work bench, such as my deck. It's also great for overhead work since it is light weight and there are no cords to work around.

I won't be replacing my belt sander with this one since there will always be big projects that require more power. However, it is a great choice for those smaller jobs that require a tool that is more portable. It is aggressive enough to take off a few layers of paint but the small choice in available paper can prevent it from being an option. If you do a lot of small, detail sanding, this is a great choice.

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews