Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2011, 02:55 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Hamilton 2-5 cup Coffee Maker

Rating: 2 out of 5
  • Currently 2.0/5.0

Purchased for $24.99, at Brookshire's grocery store, in November 2009, the 2-5 cup coffee maker was perfect for my daughter who preferred caffeinated to my decaf and drank only 2 cups to my 6 or 7. At Buy.com, Mr. Coffee competes well at $26.62. The Hamilton is a lightweight machine, black and made of plastic, with a metal warming plate. The quality is not exceptional. The look is simple, small and takes up little space on the counter. It features an on and off switch, a water well and a coffee-ground basket. Filling the well and coffee basket, and toggling it on make an easy path to follow for making the coffee. It functions well and makes good coffee, determined only by the user's taste. As it turned out, however, my daughter used it several times a day. After six months, it stopped working, with the exception of the warming plate, giving it a low reliability rating. As far as we know, it was safe to operate, with no evidence to the contrary. It performed well, right up to the day it stopped working. It was a nice-looking coffee maker, neat in appearance and its size was perfect for my limited-space kitchen counter. It made good coffee while it lasted. We could not see why it stopped working and decided to keep it put away until someone with "handy" talents shows up and can perhaps fix it. A real problem for us was detaching the basket for cleaning, and replacing it seemed to be so finely tuned that it would take several minutes to find the magic position to get it back in place. For the obvious and these reasons, I would not recommend spending $25.00 for this model.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews