Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2011, 03:12 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Whirlpool AP51030K whispure 510 Air Purifier Hepa Air Cleaner

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

No matter what your reason for purchasing an air purifier, finding one that performs well is the only reasonable option. The Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier with HEPA Air Cleaner is designed to provide you with the cleanest air possible. The True HEPA filter catches 99.97% of the particles that pass through it which are 0.3 microns or larger. Although the purifier is recommended for rooms that are 500 square feet or less, I have mine in a room that is about 650 square feet and it still does a great job of keeping the air fresh.

The air passes through the HEPA filter 4.8 times per hour or more according to the size of the room you have it in. I got the air purifier to help reduce the allergens because of a child with asthma and it has done a wonderful job of filtering them out. It catches allergens like dust, which is our biggest area of concern, in addition to pet dander, smoke, mold spores, and pollen. There is also a pre-filter that helps get rid of larger particles and even reduces odors in the air.

Not only has the Whispure air purifier helped improve my child's quality of sleep by eliminating the allergens from the air that were causing his asthma symptoms to flare up, but it is also so quiet that it is actually soothing instead of disturbing. I have tried other air purifiers that were more expensive than this one and they didn't do as good at eliminating the allergens and didn't get rid of odors at all. The HEPA filter seems to make a lot of difference in the effectiveness of the purifier. The other machines have also been so noisy that they were disturbing to leave on.

The purifier also has a 3-speed motor and fan control for more options and to adjust the speed of the unit. This makes it adjustable to use in smaller rooms, too. A filter replacement indicator light lets me know when it's time to replace a filter so I don't have to worry about remembering when it's time for a new one.

Even if there are no health issues in your home, this air purifier is an affordable way to improve the air quality in any room. If you have a smoker in your home or just want to experience cleaner air, the Whispure air purifier is a great choice.

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews