Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 01:38 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Sennheiser CX300 Headphones

sennheiser-cx300-headphones photo
Rating: 1 out of 5
  • Currently 1.0/5.0

Just like any average person, I love to listen to my favorite tracks whilst in transit, either on the bus or train, walking to shops or just generally chilling.* I have a habit of getting through headphones at a quite remarkable rate and seem to purchase a replacement set maybe once or twice a year.* They are usually gifts at Christmas or Birthday and this year was no exception, only this time I actually got a different product from what I might have chosen myself.*
Initially, I was quite impressed when I tried out my new Sennheiser CX300's; they looked good, with a light, slim and stylish feel to them, in a sharp black finish. The ear buds sat comfortably, without causing irritation and the plastic enclosure was fine.* However, with something like earphones, I think you need to listen to some of your classic tracks to decide if they produce the right and acceptable sound.*
With these I felt the bass quality and extension simply wasn't there, it wasn't tight enough and the smoothness I was seeking never came through. At times, the vocals seemed to disappear, amid a distorted backdrop. Amplification also had an adverse effect and the general output was at best harsh, bordering on crude.*
Durability wasn't a problem and the 136cm cable length was perfectly adequate, but I like to take my ipod down the gym, or on my runs around the block, and I want my music to be a pleasant distraction from the rigours of my fitness regime, and in this case I was getting as stressed with the sounds in my ears, as I was with the aches in my muscles and joints.** *
I have now discarded the CX300's and I wouldn't anticipate returning to the Sennheiser brand; for me Sony and Phillips take all the beating.**

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews