U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2011, 10:42 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,530,733 times

Advertisements

Hamilton Beach 12-Cup BrewStation Deluxe Coffee Maker

hamilton-beach-12-cup-brewstation-deluxe-coffee-maker photo
Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

When my old coffee maker gave up the ghost, it was time to purchase something new that was a little more efficient. The Hamilton Beach 12-Cup BrewStation Deluxe Coffee Maker was the perfect thing for a heavy coffee drinker. The deluxe version of this coffee maker has brought many new features together that is every coffee drinkers dream. Since there is no pot or carafe to accompany the coffee maker, I never have to worry about scorched coffee or my coffee tasting stale. All I have to do is simply hold my cup under the spout and it is poured right into my cup. The area that you place the cup in to be filled stands tall enough that I can even slide my travel mug under there and fill it before heading out the door. This has been a wonderful addition to the coffee maker from the original BrewStation coffee maker. This coffee pot makes a nice strong cup of coffee that will wake you up in the morning.

The swivel water reservoir has made filling the pot more simple, however, other features make it more difficult to clean. As convenient as it has been to have a permanent coffee filter that tells you how full to fill with coffee, it does not come out, making it more difficult to clean stale or old grounds from the pot. Pouring out the coffee to make a fresh pot is also more difficult. I have found that I have to pour the remains into a cup and dump them into the sink to empty the pot, otherwise deal with unplugging it and resetting the clock each time I want to make a fresh pot. For $79, however, I feel that I cannot complain too much as there is always more than enough coffee-- that I don't have to worry about spilling-- to go around. Overall, because of the difficult cleaning of this BrewStation, I give this product a 3. I like having no glass carafe to accompany the machine but it has caused issues.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews