U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-26-2011, 10:43 AM

2,186 posts, read 3,105,009 times
Default Review of Ridgid Palm Nailer - R350PNA

I was recently asked to write a few articles about a tool brand I knew about but had never tried - Ridgid. Top quality, but relatively expensive, I had never had the reason to use them. Forced to try at least a couple of different tools, I came away saying, yes, expensive but top quality! Without exception, every tool we tried worked well, according to the claims made by the manufacturer.
One of the tools we tried was the Ridgid palm nailer that is capable of driving something like 5 lbs of quite hefty coated sinkers at 55 psi without any problem at all. The machine has an adjustable depth setting that works beautifully and it really doesn't do much to the air consumption. This particular nailer also works really well with smaller nails to. It's a little tool and doesn't cost much (relatively speaking) either.
Basically the R350PNA Ridgid palm nailer can drive 3-1/2" nails into the toughest and hardest woods. The tool also has a magnetic nail guide that you can use to hold the nails you are knocking in securely in place while you work.
There is a self-cleaning air filter that is built into the machine that keeps muck and dust out of the working parts, thus ensuring that these tools will last for a longer period of time. The machine also has an adjustable hand strap that has been fitted so that both right and left handed people can use it. The main body of the machine is made of aluminum. That means that you can be sure it will last for a lot longer than many other tools and machines.
But let's get back to that nailer we were talking about.
The specifications of the R350PNA Ridgid palm nailer machine state that it will fasten "bulk nails" within a range of 4d to 16d. The fastener length that is specified is from 1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews