Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 12:33 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Maytag CWE5800ACE 24" Electric Double Wall Oven

maytag-cwe5800ace-24-electric-double-wall-oven photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

My wife insisted on a double oven when we got ready to replace our old single unit. I was able to remodel the cabinets myself when we decided on the replacement model, which turned out to be the Maytag CWE5800ACE electric double wall oven.

Because Maytag has such a good name, we looked at their product after checking out Frigidaire and GE units. I couldn't tell much difference between any of them, but my wife decided on the Maytag.

The upper oven is a little larger than the bottom and comes with two racks instead of one. The first time we cooked and used both ovens was at Thanksgiving and it worked out quite well. The cooking temperature matches our old oven well enough that my wife says so far, she hasn't had to adjust the cooking times on any recipes.

The oven glass is a little smaller than some of the other units we considered purchasing. This may or may not be a big deal for some people, but I would have preferred being able to have more visibility inside the oven but it is not a major issue.

There is a delay start control that we haven't tried out yet because we stay home most of the time, but I'm sure it could be an advantage for some people. The electronic timer is simple to use and it only takes minutes to get accustomed to how the appliance works, whether you read the book or not.

The upper oven is self-cleaning, but the lower one isn't, which doesn't make sense to me. We didn't realize this when we bought the oven, and I don't know that it would have made any difference if we had.

Considering everything, we have been happy with this oven. The only thing I would have done differently if I had it to do over was to have rebuilt the cabinet and bought a 30" unit instead because this one limits the size of cooking pans you can use. The oven is dependable and priced at around $800, which is less than some other models we considered.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews