Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 10:22 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Mr. Coffee BVMC-FM1 20-Ounce Frappe Maker

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

Words cannot accurately describe my love for this machine. I love frappes but I hate coffee house lines and prices. This machine is about the size of a normal blender, perhaps a little smaller, brews coffee, and blends up your frap all within 3 minutes.

The directions recommend that you use 3 scoops of coffee per batch, but this is a recommendation only and I feel that anyone can adjust this to their preference. I find that I like a little more coffee than the 3 scoops that are recommended, just to make it a bit stronger, but that is all in the opinion of the drinker. Once I add that 4th scoop my frap is perfection. I love that I can add chocolate or caramel, or whatever I want to make delicious treats at any time of day. There is a pulse button that helps to break up the ice if you prefer your frappe a bit smoother, which makes the machine extra user friendly. The blender cup itself is dishwasher safe, though the rest of the machine is not, but there is very little dripping or mess at all so it is easy clean up. The machine also comes with a recipe book which is awesome because it gives ideas for drinks that I would never have thought of making before. Also, it has a couple of alcohol-inclusive recipes which I have used when entertaining.

It takes me less time to make a frap at home than the amount of time I wait at Starbucks, and I save myself so much money by making them at home. Honestly, I think mine taste just as good, if not better than the ones they make at any coffee shop.

I honestly do not know what I did before I owned this, it has become such a central part of my routine. I recommend it to absolutely everyone who loves frozen coffee beverages and hates paying $5 for one!

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews