Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2011, 02:05 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Big Agnes Fly Creek Ultralight 1 Tent, One-Person

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I backpack quite often during the spring and summer and I have tried a number of one person tents that in one way or another where not quite what I needed. Some where to small, others were to heavy, but the Big Agnes Fly Creek Ultralight 1 by LL Bean is worth every penny it costs. The tent is exceptionally light, weighing under two pounds, easy to set up, and very well designed.

The Good:

The best part about the Ultralight 1 is the fact it lives up to its name. Anyone who has done major backpacking knows that weight can add up quickly and the last thing you want is a tent that weighs five to ten pounds. Having a tent that comes in under two pounds is simply amazing. Along with the great weight of the Ultralight, the tent is very well designed. In my experience most one person backpacking tents gave me almost no head room which meant I could barely shimmy into the tent and sitting up was impossible. The Ultralight 1 gives me plenty of head space so I can not only sit up but move around a bit as I get settled in for the night. Another feature I really like about the Ultralight 1 is the vestibule. The vestibule is designed to give space around the edges of the tent so you have a place to store your gear and keep it out of the rain.

The Bad:

About the only complaint I really have about the Ultralight 1 is the set up. While during the day set up is rather easy, there were a couple of times that I had to set the tent up at night. While I was able to get the tent set up, it took longer than I would have liked. Also packing the tent can be a little challenging considering the bag you put the tent in is very small.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews