Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2011, 11:58 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,597,714 times

Advertisements

2008 Chevrolet Malibu

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I've spent plenty of time behind the wheel and in the passenger seat of the older model of the Chevrolet Malibu and found the experience to have been good but not great. However, Chevrolet radically redesigned the Malibu in its 2008 model year. After a period of time I felt that I should give this ride a bit of my time.
The first thing I noticed is that the 2008 Malibu has far sleeker and sexier than the old style Malibu I was used to. The older models were blocky and a bit ugly in my opinion. For me, they retained too many design principles of the 90s and were sorely lacking in a certain panache that the competitors in the mid size market certainly possessed.
The interior of the Malibu was also well crafted and certainly more comfortable and refined than I remember on the old editions. I didn't get the impression that I was sitting in an inexpensive midsized American car. The designers at Chevrolet are certainly due credit for crafting a vehicle that still maintains a low price tag but doesn't let it show.
Driving the 2008 Malibu was also an improvement compared to its older incarnation. Pick up was good and the car certainly had some power behind it. I was also pleased to learn that this strength didn't guzzle down gasoline either and that the Malibu didn't rob you at the pump. Handling was also responsive and the car's maneuverability was surprising for its size.
On the whole, I found that this redesign had certainly paid off. There have been instances in the past where a redesign often takes a few steps backwards but this latest incarnation of the Malibu was a great leap forward in Chevrolet's arsenal.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews