U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2011, 11:45 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,525,773 times

Advertisements

Nissan 2009 Altima

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

The 2009 Nissan Altima is a mid-size car that is unique for its sporty styling and convenience as a family vehicle. I chose the sedan rather than the coupe because of the convenience of having four doors to place car seats in and out of when needed. The Altima sedan is a great choice for parents who want to drive a vehicle that doesn't have the boring looks of other models.

I made the choice of a V6 engine rather than the 4-cylinder style so that I would have a little more power. Although this size motor is a little less fuel efficient, I was happy to find that I still get about 26 mpg on the road. Although this model is considered an "affordable" mid-size car, the price varies a lot according to the features you choose and they are packaged differently than a lot of other vehicles. In order to get some features that I liked, I had to choose a package that included some I didn't really care that much about which made the price quite a bit higher.

Although the ride I get in the Altima is reasonably smooth, I have found that it has more road noise than I expected, which can be a little unpleasant during long trips. It is, however, very easy to handle. The Altima sedan has also been awarded the highest rating for both frontal and side impact protection making it a great choice for those who are concerned with safety.

Although the Altima is supposed to seat five adults comfortably, for the ultimate in comfort, limit it to four adults or two adults and two children with car seats or booster seats. The power seats in the front are power seats which make them even more comfortable while they offer a lot of support.

Because of the sloped rear window, the visibility is a little less than I would have liked. However, my favorite feature is probably the push button ignition. This eliminates the problem of always having to keep up with car keys. I just carry the remote in my purse and it's always ready to go.

Overall, I have been happy with the performance of the Altima so far and have only had regular maintenance performed on it with no problems or need for repairs. It is a great car to drive and just the right size for my needs. I would like to get a little better mileage but don't want to sacrifice power for fuel economy.

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews