U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2011, 11:26 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,526,855 times

Advertisements

2007 Jeep Liberty

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

My experience with the 2007 Jeep Liberty proved to be an abject lesson in why sport utility vehicles can sometimes fulfill the function that they were built for. I live in a climate that receives quite a bit of snow. Sometimes the car I typically use just can't get around in the weather up here. One winter day during a snow storm my pet dog began having issues. There was no way I would be able to get him to the emergency veterinarian in time if I was in my standard two door coupe so I opted to put him in my 2007 Jeep Liberty. Needless to say, the vehicle was able to overcome the snowstorm and my dog was able to receive the proper medical attention.
The ruggedness of the vehicle pays off in bad weather. Driving it around on a normal day or in the summer is nothing thrilling. The vehicle handles a bit rough when it comes to everyday driving. It isn't the most responsive and its handling is a bit sluggish compared to some other competitor's models that fulfill the similar niche.
Nevertheless, this vehicle is a high performer when it comes to down and dirty work. I typically have used it only during bad weather or when hauling large amounts of cargo. The vehicle's towing capacity has also proved to be adequate and has helped me move apartments.
The interior is fairly utilitarian, not designed to impress but built to handle passengers and to be easily cleaned. I've hauled a good deal of woodchips and marble in this vehicle and have found the upholstery to be easy to clean. All in all this sports utility vehicle handles itself well but isn't up to snuff in terms of everyday handling like similarly priced and marketed vehicles from Toyota or Honda.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews