Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2011, 11:26 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Kenmore 30" Electric Self Clean Drop-In Range 4559

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

The Kenmore 30" Electric Self Clean Drop-In Range is overall a pretty solid appliance. It's all-black, looks great, and is probably the best oven I've had to date. That being said, there has been a minor issue with this appliance.

First, the good stuff. As I said before, this drop-in stove just looks great nestled in our counter. I'm kind of partial to gas stoves for cooking, but for appearance you can't beat the smooth glasstop of many electric ranges. Another plus is that the glasstop makes it super easy to clean. The oven has a window in the front with a really bright within so you can easily check your food without necessarily opening the door. I actually haven't used the self-cleaning function of the oven (we have birds and there have been instances of self-cleaning giving off fumes harmful to birds), but I assume that it would work as advertised. The inside is roomy and we've cooked Thanksgiving dinner that's a lot of food) in this stove quite easily. The door also has a sturdy sliding lock to keep the kids out. We have no kids and so we don't use it, but I've tried it a few times and it's actually a little tough for an adult to use - so your kids should be safe.

Now for the bad stuff. Shortly after getting this stove, the right front burner went out. It turned out to be a bad element that was covered under the warranty and easily replaced, but you'd expect it to last longer. That burner is the burner we use most,so it makes sense that it would be the first to go in a way.

Overall, I'd give this stove 5 stars if the burner hadn't gone out, but because of that I can only give it 4 out of 5 stars.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews