Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2011, 12:39 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

GE GSD 2400NBB 24 in Built-in Dishwasher with 5 Wash Cycle

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

I bought my GE GSD2400NBB 24 inches Built-in Dishwasher with 5 Wash Cycles in 2009 for practical reasons. First, I patronize GE products because of their quality. I remember my grandmother used to buy GE products all the time. When I read that this GE dishwasher met the 2007 Energy Star Standards which uses lesser water, I never had second thoughts in buying the product because one of my priorities is to buy an appliance that is energy efficient and will help reduce my monthly utility bills.
Another reason is that this product was given the Good Buy Award by the Good House Keeping Magazine which I think is great and the price is competitive in comparison with other brands. I paid $299.99 for this dishwasher.
Other features include: 4-level Power Scrub wash system- the four wash levels should quietly and efficiently scrub dishes clean however, the dish washer is loud and I can hear it working in the entire house even if my bedroom door is close; Hot Start Option- which preheats water before the main cycle which is okay I think; Piranha Hard Food Disposer- which grinds leftover food into small particles and I find this helpful because it will easily wash away all the food particles and it will not clog the drain. But for some reason there had been two occasions already wherein the water just sits in the washer. When I asked somebody to check it, there was a round plastic spare part that was loosen and is blocking the water to drain properly; Pots and Pans Cycle- which is intended for washing the pots and pans but it can't really remove food particles that were stuck inside the pots, hand scrubbing is necessary. Heated Dry Option- which circulates warm air to quickly and gently dry the dishes but I don't use it to save energy.
I am not really happy with the product because it didn't meet my expectations. I can't really say it's a good buy because for just over a year, a spare part was already loose and it clogs the drain considering the fact that I only use my dish washer during the week-ends when I have visitors.

By: samutsari

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews