U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2011, 12:41 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,542,287 times

Advertisements

Toastmaster 3305 1200-Watt Steam and Dry Iron

toastmaster-3305-1200-watt-steam-and-dry-iron photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I have owned the same a Toastmaster 3305 1200-Watt Steam and Dry Iron for a few years. It is one of the few irons that I have bought that has lasted more than one year with regular use. It continues to work so well that I went and purchased a second one in anticipation of the day that I will need another.

With the Toastmaster 3305 iron, you are able to set the dial to a setting that is most suitable to the type of fabric that you will be ironing. The temperature dial is large and easy to adjust. The iron heats up very quickly to the temperature that it is set to so there is no need to wait for many minutes as you have to with another iron. The water tank is conveniently located that you are always able to clearly see if it needs more water, and what level the water is at while you are filling it so that you don't overfill it. The location of the water fill spout is in a good place which makes it very easy to add water. The size of the iron is approximately 6 x 11 x 5 inches, and it weighs approximately 2.7 pounds. When you purchase it new, it includes a one-year warranty. There is a light that goes on when the iron reaches the appropriate temperature. The polished ironing plate makes it smooth and easy to iron all types of fabric. The attached power cord is located in a good spot and it pivots while in use, so it won't get tangled. There is a handy on and off button that you can press for additional steam when needed.

Because the iron heats up so quickly and efficiently, I have found that it is easy to scorch fabric when the temperature setting is not set properly for the type of fabric that you are ironing. There has been a few times when I have accidentally set the temperature incorrectly and had to remove a tiny bit of scorched fabric from the plate. The temperature/fabric dial is placed in a location wher
e it is not always easy to read what setting you have it on.

This iron is not too bad for an iron that ranges in price from $13.00 and up. I would say that it is one of the better models from within the price range. I would recommend it to others.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews