Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2011, 03:40 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

Kenmore 600 Series Dryer

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

The Kenmore 600 Series Dryer is the most functional and efficient dryer that I have seen in quite a while. This dryer is fairly easy to use and also has auto moisture sensing and wrinkle guard features. The front loading door makes loading heavy or large items into the machine a breeze. Also, there's a light inside the machine that can come in handy for those items most dryers like to eat.

One of the best features of this machine is that the drier has an auto moisture feature that will automatically adjust cycle time so that your clothes are dry when the machine is done. This machine is also very quiet. There is a wrinkle guard feature that will keep your clothes wrinkle free until you unload them. And the air fluff feature dries your items using room temperature air.

The cycles that you can choose from to dry your clothes are: casual medium, delicate low, normal high medium, cotton/towels high. I cannot comment on installation because I had someone install it for me. The cleaning and routine maintenance are fairly easy. Overall customer ratings tend to be good.

There is nothing special about the aesthetics of the dryer. You get only one color and that color is white. There is also nothing special about the visual design. It is just a dryer, a dryer that does one heck of a job. I have nothing negative to say about the machine. I am pleased with the performance and the price.

The machine comes with a one year parts and labor warranty. Sears even offers in home repair even if it isn't their brand, unless it is a carry-in item. For carry-in items, you have to go to a Sears repair center. The dryer costs $619.

Pros
Easy to use
Front loading door
Light inside machine
Auto adjust cycle
Wrinkle-guard feature

Cons
None

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2014, 07:01 AM

2 posts, read 30,403 times
The Kenmore 600 Series Dryers are the best performing and the easiest to diagnose when problems do occur. My Husband and myself have been buying, selling, trading and repairing washers and dryers for over 10 years now. The best advice I can give is dials are better than touch board and digitally computerized circuitry is only for show, because the price and the functionality suck not to mention the short life span. Kenmore and Whirlpool Simple designs are #1 in long lasting home appliances. Thanks for letting me ramble.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:58 AM

2 posts, read 30,403 times
Here is a link to down load free manuals for the kenmore 600 series dryers

Kenmore 600 Series Dryer Manual - Free Product Manual
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews