U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-04-2011, 06:36 AM

2,186 posts, read 3,342,466 times
Default Review of Fujitsu ASTA30LCC Air Conditioner

Fujitsu ASTA30LCC Air Conditioner

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

One of the air conditioners in my house broke and after finding it to be unfixable, I immediately wanted it replaced due to the weather being extremely hot. Without the luxury of really looking around and comparing, the choice came down to the cost to run and how the design looked in the room.

The room it sits in is quite large and opens out to other rooms so it's difficult to keep it at a nice temperature. The previous air conditioner would take around half an hour before the difference was felt on the other side of the room. This model is fantastic. On a hot day it only takes 10 minutes for it to be a few degrees cooler around the entire room. On a cold day, it does take a little longer, but is still very good.

The inside unit is very quiet and the small hum it does make isn't even noticed, unless on a higher mode and then the noise is considerably louder. Due to it working so well on a normal setting, I have never had the need to turn up to a stronger mode. The outside unit is a little loud but where mine is situated it has no effect.

The air direction can be adjusted a number of ways which is definitely necessary because even on low mode, after a few minutes you cannot sit in the direct air path. That is an easy thing to adjust but I have found that generally the control is badly set out and changing other settings is not as simple as it could be. But, after looking through the manual and finding out what to do, it isn't a hard thing to pick up.

Although the unit price is slightly higher then similar models, the difference was definitely saved with electricity cost. This is through being energy efficient but also use. It just doesn't need to be on as long as other air conditioners to do the job

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews