U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-05-2011, 02:32 PM

2,186 posts, read 3,640,906 times

Advertisements

Black &Decker FP2500S Wide Mouth Food processor-

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

Since I cook quite a bit, I thought it was time to treat myself to a food processor. I looked at different brand names and prices and found the Black&Decker Wide Mouth processor. I compared prices of several before choosing this one to purchase.

Since I only cook for myself and my spouse, this processor is just the right size to do small or large preparations. I love to make foods from scratch like salsa. This machine allowed me to make the salsa quickly and without chopping and mincing by hand, which is a chore that I do not care for very much. This takes care of the chopping for me.

Since I have owned this processor I have tried every setting. A few of the settings that I use most are the chop, grate and puree. In the winter months I tend to make a lot of soups, chili and other hearty meals that need call for onion and garlic and a few herbs.

The ten cup capacity is great, especially when I am entertaining the family or friends. Everyone asks for my special spaghetti sauce, which naturally I make from fresh tomatoes and herbs. I fill up the entire ten cups. I cook the sauce and freeze half of it for the next time.

For people who cook all the time, they will be using this product on a daily basis. It saves a lot of time and work in the kitchen. I have more time to spend with my family and friends using this machine, than I would have otherwise. I have made regular pie crust using the kneading setting, and graham cracker pie crust using the grate setting. Then I use it mix the pie fillings.

If there comes a time when I have to replace this food processor, I would purchase another Black&Decker.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews