Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2011, 06:01 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,597,714 times

Advertisements

I decided to go for this Hoover vacuum cleaner as it is an upright and I find the cylinder models make my back ache. Also, I was attracted by the fact that it doesn't use bags.

First impressions with this vacuum are excellent. It has a very powerful suction and will pick up those stubborn items that other vacuums never seem to get - things like small pieces of lint and hairs. In fact, the first time it was used was quite embarrassing when I saw the amount of dirt and debris it lifted from my carpets.

The Hoover Cyclonic comes with a good range of tools but I thought the brush tool could have been a bit larger. Similarly the hose is a bit short for a vacuum at this price level. The other tools are fine, however, and the electrical cord is a sensible long length. One other slight drawback is the fact that it is difficult to get very close to the edges of walls. You need to use one of the attachments to get right up to an edge.

I am glad that I opted for a vacuum with no dirt bags to replace. Emptying the Hoover Platinum Cyclonic is easy and the filter just needs to be cleaned every so often, not replaced as with most other bagless models.

This Hoover vacuum is so well made that I'm not expecting to have any problems with it, but the manufacturers actually give a 6 year guarantee; another reason why I chose this one.

Apart from making short work of the usual dust and bits of linen, the vacuum is very efficient when it comes to gathering up pet hairs. Some of these can be impossible to remove with most vacuum cleaners and you have to pick them up manually. Not so with this Hoover. It collects them all up with two or three passes.

I never thought that a vacuum cleaner could make my carpets look so new again. Obviously my previous machine was leaving a lot of dirt behind so, as well as making the place look better, I know that it is actually cleaner and more hygienic.
The Hoover Cyclonic is quite a bit more expensive than any vacuum I have ever had but, for me, its performance makes it worth every penny. And, of course, you save money by not having to buy replacement dirt bags or filters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews