Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2011, 12:55 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Manchester Pool Table

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

When I found that I could get a Manchester Pool Table for our basement game room, the $2,299 price tag seemed like nothing when I considered all the money that I had spent the year before going out and renting a table at the bar. The table itself was quite sleek with its dark finish and tapered legs. The distressed antique looking wood design really added to the overall look of the whole table. I loved that I got to choose the color and thickness of the felt the table would be lined with, this was nice because I could coordinate the rest of the game room to the table and the thickness was important to the type of games you might want to play. I was also glad that they would throw in the billiard balls as a bonus to the high expense of the table. There were so many features that I could have had included with our table, at an extra expense, that it became quite overwhelming very quickly. We had to decide whether we wanted a cover for the table, and if we wanted the pockets to match the table, and so on. When the company said they were going to customize the table, I didn't think that they meant every detail. Beyond making the decision to purchase the table, the next big decision was what kind of cues I wanted, as all of them are different. After everything was all said and done, I ended up paying a whopping $5,000 for all the accessories and the table.

Over time it will be worth it, but it was a huge upfront expense. The most frustrating part of the entire order was the mandatory $150 crate fee. I didn't feel that I should have had to crate my pool table if I didn't want to. Previously, the only pool table that I had ever had was a cheap plastic one that I bought from a department store that was made for older kids. This professional Manchester pool table was a nice one because it had everything that you could want for any billiard game you could want to play. Overall, I give this table a 5 as it is high quality and I got to customize it to exactly what I wanted, there was nothing pre-designed about it.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews