U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2011, 08:50 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,538,017 times

Advertisements

George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Domed Grill

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

The George Foreman indoor/outdoor domed grill is definitely a contender for healthy grilling at any time of the year. It has an almost 18 inch diameter round grilling surface that provides 240 square inches of double non-stick coated surface that does not require oil for cooking; this is the first step in the healthy grilling process. Secondly, the grill surface is ridged to allow fats from the meat to drip away, and thirdly, there is a center channel drain down which the grease runs. For convenience, the oils are collected in an easy-to-empty drip tray located beneath the grill.

The grill has an insulated electric power cord to facilitate indoor or outdoor grilling and the grill may be used on its stand or on a table top for convenience. Multiple grilling temperatures can be achieved with the temperature control knob and the high-domed lid can be used for convection cooking, to keep down splatters during cooking, or to keep food warm once cooked. Two safe-touch, sturdy handles on either side of the grill allow you to easily move the grill containing the cooked food to the table as a serving option.

Once cooled, the drip tray can be emptied and the grill surface cleaned. The grill plate is removable and fully immersible, but it is pretty heavy and does not fit in our kitchen sink. Also, the dark metal surface makes scuff marks on our white sink, so we end up having to wash it under the hose pipe outside.

Although this type of grill provides flexibility at places that do not allow charcoal or propane for grilling, it seems a little bulky to be transporting far away from home. I own the GGR50B model with an MSRP of $99.99 which I think is quite pricey for a grill of this size. Personally, I had never seen this type of grill before it was given to us by a friend and although I like the way the food turns out "barbecued" but not "charred", I still think the authenticity of outdoor grilling is lost by the fact the unit is powered by electricity.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews