Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2011, 08:50 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,597,714 times

Advertisements

2007 Nissan Versa

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

In 2007 Nissan introduced the Versa, a sporty econocar that was the first byproduct of that company's marriage with Renault. My wife, who was long obsessed with buying a Nissan, went out and got one as soon as it was feasibly possible. We opted for the hatchback rather than the sedan.

Having driven a few economy cars in my day, I have to say that the '07 Versa handles pretty much how you would expect it to. It's small 4-cylinder engine doesn't have the torque or horsepower to handle hills all that well, and it really complains when you push it. It feels tall when going around sharp bends, not hugging them like some other squatter economy cars.

Aesthetically the Versa is very pleasing. While it does have the "egg" shape common in so many modern hatchbacks, it does manage to have a uniqueness about it. The sedan version, on the other hand, strikes me as a bit bland in appearance. The interior is just as nice to look at as the exterior. While you don't get the "cockpit" feeling of a sports car, the seats and dashboard do contour about you nicely while you are driving and everything is easily within reach. The hatch is very roomy, with fold-down seat and a removable rear dash that leaves plenty of room for groceries, dogs, or whatever you need to transport. The setup of the wiper and light controls do take some getting used to, however, and the gas cap and hood release could be a little easier to get to.

One thing that has continually troubled us ever since we bought the Versa is the fact that the low tire light is on pretty much constantly. The first time it happened, however, we checked online and found out that this is a common problem with this model. We always keep our tires perfectly inflated, so the light has always been in error. Apparently, this is an unfixable problem. Others have reported that they have taken their car into the dealer to have it fixed, but the light just comes back on and stays on 1-2 weeks later. So we have opted to just let the light stay on.

Overall I give the 2007 Versa 4 out of 5 stars when compared to other economy cars I have driven.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews