Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2011, 03:00 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

Kenmore 90312 Freestanding Range

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

The Kenmore 30" Freestanding Electric Range is a basic appliance that doesn't come with a lot of frills. I purchased it after my old range simply quit working and I wanted something reliable without being equipped for more than I needed. Plans for a new home to be completed within the next couple of years left me wanting something that would "tide me over" until I was ready to choose the appliances that best suited my new home.

Although I chose the Kenmore Electric Range for its simplicity, it has proven to deliver a lot of quality. It has an extra-large convection oven that does a great job of baking and roasting. There is a fan that circulates the air and it really does help food cook evenly. The oven is also self-cleaning which was one feature I just couldn't do without. The racks and drip pans are made of porcelain to make cleaning even easier. The oven also has an extra large oven window so I can keep a close eye on what I am cooking without having to frequently open the door. Not only does opening the door less frequently help maintain consistent temperatures so my cakes don't fall, it also makes me feel good about saving electricity.

Although the burners on the range turn on with knobs like every other stove I have ever owned, the control panel to operate the oven and the time functions is something different. It didn't take long at all to figure out how to use the settings, even without the help of the manual. The biggest problem with the control panel is in cleaning it without adjusting the settings or turning them on. Since the oven comes calibrated according to the manufacturing standards but you also have the option to change the settings with the control panel, this is a concern I have every time I wipe it clean.

The stove top has two small 6" and two large 8" cooking elements with porcelain drip pans underneath which makes them easier to clean. The lift-up top also makes cleaning easy. Under the oven is a roomy storage drawer where I store my roasting pan for easy access.

The only complaint that I have with the Kenmore Freestanding Range is that the exterior is easy to stain, particularly since mine is white. I have to be careful about getting spills up quickly and not setting hot pans on the enamel.

Overall, I would have to say that I got much more than I expected with this range.

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews