Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2011, 02:01 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Samsung - LN46C630 - 46" LCD TV - 1080p (Full HD)

samsung-ln46c630-46-lcd-tv-1080p-full-hd photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

When the government announced on February 2009 that television stations nationwide will switch to full-digital broadcasting and the old analog televisions will no longer work unless I buy a converter box, I decided to just buy a new TV to avoid any technical problem.
It took me weeks before I am able to decide which brand, what size and how much should spend to buy a new TV. My final pick is Samsung LN46C630 46" LCD TV - 1080p (Full HD). Why? Because it has the best picture, color and clarity wise compared to other brands.
Second it is Energy Star Qualified and I really like the Eco-Sensor feature that automatically adjusts the brightness of the picture depending on the lighting of my room. I can turn this feature off or set a particular brightness on my TV picture but I prefer to set it on automatic because it is environmentally friendly.
I'm satisfied with the quality of sounds (Dolby Digital output, DTS digital output) including two built-in speakers. It is swivel stand so it's very convenient for me to just twist it in any angle to watch a movie comfortably.
I can also connect any appliance I want with using the following connectors: 2x USB (4 pin USB Type A) side, 1x VGA input (15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) rear, 3x HDMI (19 pin HDMI Type A) rear, 1x HDMI (19 pin HDMI Type A) side. The bad news is I can no longer connect older equipment because it doesn't have the S-video connection. I no longer use the VHS so it's not a problem for me.
Another important feature is the Auto Motion Plus, this button controls motion blur which is great when watching sports. I opted to turn it off because I normally watch news and movie channels most of the time.
The remote control is not sensitive enough to turn the TV on even if I am pointing it on the center of the screen. I was annoyed at first but when I discovered that I need to point it directly at the bottom where the power sensor is located it worked better.
I should not forget to mention, the design is amazingly elegant and the price is just right about $1200 including shipping and tax. I love my Samsung TV, the picture is exceptionally perfect!
By: samutsari

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews