U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2011, 01:59 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,530,733 times

Advertisements

Baby Jogger City Select Single Stroller

baby-jogger-city-select-single-stroller photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

Since this is suppose to be my last child, I decided I would really go all out and get a stroller that I could comfortably jog with this time. Reflecting back to the many issues and frustrating runs that I had when I had my twins and their old-fashioned, side by side stroller, I decided to really treat myself this time around. Jogging is hard enough to do after you just had a baby, a poorly made stroller just ruins your day.

Upon doing a lot of research I fell in love with this Baby Jogger. It folds literally in one super easy step, it is easy to control and it has 16 different seat positions. This stroller is made to add on a seat so it is perfect for twins or for a mother who has a toddler and then needs to add a baby seat on at a later time. Your children can face in or out and this thing has an amazing amount of storage space so it is perfect to hold your diaper bag and your bags when you go shopping. The canopy is designed really well too and can be positioned a few different ways which makes it nice for those sunny jogs when you're always moving in a different direction.

The adjustable footrest is nice for a toddler but the adjustable handlebar is excellent for my husband and I because there is quite a height difference between the two of us. This makes it really convenient. The stroller does weigh 30 pounds so curbs can be challenging so I typically try to avoid them. It also has a hand parking brake which I really appreciate. I bought the onyx colored one and I will say it appears as though it has faded quite a bit from being in the sun. There was a diamond color (light gray) but I wasn't sure how dirty that would get. The material is excellent quality and cleans easy so I would say if you are skeptical about the light gray like I was, you shouldn't have an issue keeping it clean.

On top of the $499.99 price tag be prepared to purchase any extras that you want. Obviously if you are adding a seat for a second child you will need to buy that but you will also need to buy a child's tray, parent's tray or a cup holder if you want one. The stroller comes with just the basics. I am very pleased with this stroller. It is a pleasure to use and it is definitely a good investment for anyone who plans on adding onto their family or for someone who just wants a good quality stroller for their one child.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews