Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2011, 01:59 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,602,632 times

Advertisements

Frigidaire 10,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner Model # FRA102BT1

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

This Frigidaire window air conditioner puts out an astonishing 10,000 BTU's keeping up to 500 square feet of area chilled. We purchased ours in the dead heat of summer with our day temperatures reaching around 117 degrees to use in our kitchen, dining and living room area. We previously had a smaller 5,000 BTU unit to cool this area and it just wasn't keeping it cool especially once the sun came down the house really started to heat up. Running this 10,000 BTU unit in this area now on medium cool and fan it keeps the area very cool, I actually have to wear a sweatshirt. This Unit has three fan speeds low, medium and high as well as three cool settings low, medium and high cool settings. The fan settings run the speed of the air circulation measured by cubic feet per minute (CFM). High runs at 289 CFM, medium at 260 CFM, and low at 231 CFM. There is also a temperature selector running on a 1-7 scale with 7 being your max cool. The higher the cool settings number the lower the room temperature. I find the air conditioner to be surprisingly quiet for a window unit, I do however need to turn it off when I'm washing dishes, our unit is right above the sink, otherwise I won't hear my kids calling for me. I like the air directional fans with auger like fan blades making the directional move of the airflow easy. I find the filter very easy to clean and removes easily as well. Installation was very easy as long as you are strong enough to lift it into your window. We have not noticed a significant change in our electric bill either; I assumed we would see a hike for the amount this unit is running. Overall we are extremely happy with our purchase and it has ran nonstop and never has frozen up on us.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews