U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2011, 03:03 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,529,148 times

Advertisements

Oster 4096-009 Designer Series Beehive Blender Chrome

oster-4096-009-designer-series-beehive-blender-chrome photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

Like other small gadgets in my kitchen, I purchased the Oster 4096-009 blender purely for the chrome appearance to match my appliances. This is one purchase I was quite pleased with. It has a stunning appearance, very modern looking. It is also as heavy duty as it looks. The glass beaker scared me at first because I was scared I would break it right away but it is solid. I have banged it a few times and it has certainly taken some abuse from others in my family and so far not one crack or chip.

The beaker is large, holds five cups, which at times is too big for me but when I'm making smoothies for the family it is perfect. It is also very easy to take apart to clean but be careful because these blades are extremely sharp. I have never had a blender chop up ice and turn it into snow like this. It only has two speeds but that is all you need. I've overloaded the thing too and even added ice while it is running and have had no problems. This thing blends everything! Your smoothies will be creamy and fluffy without ice chunks. It is very loud but I personally think that is why it works so good.

The only reason I have given this Oster blender four stars instead of five is because it walks. It literally walks across the counter on its rubber feet. I'm pretty sure that it is suppose to stay in place but it doesn't so make sure that you either hold onto it while it is running or do not leave it close to the edge of your counter. For $69.99 I think it's a good deal. It may be a little more expensive that some other blenders but I have had many other models in the past that did not chop ice the way that they claimed so this blender in my opinion is well worth it.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews