Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 02:36 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Troy Bilt TB130 High-Wheel Walk-Behind Push Mower

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

As a female who uses grass cutting as an alternative form of exercise at the weekend, I have to recommend the TB130 high-wheel walk-behind push mower by Troy Bilt because it gives you a real workout! The two main attractions are that it is easy to start and easy to use, but because it is fairly heavy, you get to burn some calories while cutting the grass. The three-position height adjustment on the handle makes it ideal for use by both men and women.

I was initially drawn by the 160cc Honda engine as my experience with Hondas convinced me this would be a reliable piece of equipment and, as a non-mechanically minded female; I didn't want to be burdened with mechanical maintenance. Other specifications attracted me too: the automatic return choke system that didn't need priming; the 11-inch high rear wheels for easy maneuverability; and the easy-pull starter cord; not to mention the fact that it came fully assembled with oil included in the box.

I have a yard that is about three quarters of an acre in size and this Troy Bilt mower cuts through my thick Zoysia grass beautifully without the need to double cut even when the grass is long. There is also a six-position dual-lever deck height adjustment to modify the length of the cut. I like the option of being able to side-discharge, mulch or rear bag the clippings and the large 1.86 bushel grass catcher means I only have to empty the bag five or six times. Men however, may be able to cut for longer without emptying the grass catcher, but I find the bag gets too heavy and is difficult to empty if I fill it completely.

The specifications state that this mower has a new innovative TriAction cutting system designed to create finer mulch and prevent clumping. The only time I've experienced clumping is when the grass has been a little wet, but the clippings make great compost material, so I can't complain. I also think the MSRP is a snip at $249.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews