U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2011, 02:39 AM

2,186 posts, read 6,570,245 times

Advertisements

Kalorik Aztec 50 Oz Blender Model BL-24242

kalorik-aztec-50-oz-blender-model-bl-24242 photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

For the serious cook in the family, or the person who does catering on the side, the Kalorik Aztec 50 Oz Blender is the ultimate kitchen tool! With such a large glass jar, it's easy to make soups, sauces, smoothies, and dips. This particular model comes with a satin copper colored base which has a fun retro look to it. It is very simple to use and has a step-by-step manual.

Unlike smaller blenders that jam from certain foods or ice, the Kalorik Aztec blender has a 500-watt motor which makes the six sharp blades handle any food and ice. When I first used ice and frozen fruit in it, I was amazed that the blades didn't slow down! The blade unit is detachable for easy cleaning. The glass jar fits on the lower rack of the dishwasher. The glass jar is heavy, but that also means it's very durable.

The blender has a speed control unit and a pulse option. The pulse option is really nice when making smoothies; it allows you to produce the smoothies at the right consistency. The blender also has a removable filter cap which is handy when you add extra ingredients to what's already in the glass jar.

Compared to other blenders, having the larger glass jar is such a plus. I haven't experienced any spills. However, sometimes it's hard to get the lid to fit just right.

The blender measures 11.5"x8.5"x13.5". In regards to safety, it has a safety lock and non-slip feet. In fact, I went to slide the base out of my way, and was surprised that I had to actually life it up first. That's a great feature if you have little ones at home. It comes with a one year warranty. Overall, it's a very good blender at a reasonable price ($80 - $100).

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or