Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2011, 02:39 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Cooks 5-in-1 Power Blender

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

The Cooks 5-in-1 Power Blender is a low-cost, small blender that provides an easy way to make single servings of anything you make in a traditional-sized blender. This is not a high quality blender by any means, mine broke after less than eight months of daily use, but I bought another one right away because of how convenient it is.

If you are looking to make more than one serving of something, I would suggest a high quality, traditional-sized blender over the Cooks Power Blender. However, because I make a single serving fruit smoothie every morning, the Cooks Power Blender is the right choice for me. The unique thing about this blender is that instead of having one large blending container, it has two short (10 ounces) and four tall (13 ½ ounces) cups that you can blend in. There are also two different blade options - the grinding blade and the blending blade.

The blending cups are small enough to be able to use as measuring cups; for instance, I know I have the right amount for my smoothie when the fruit touches the "fill line" of the tall cup. In addition to being convenient in terms of measuring, the Cooks Power Blender is convenient because I can take the cup right off the base of the blender, walk out the door, and start drinking my smoothie. If I choose to make more than one smoothie in a day, I don't have to wash out the blender first; I just grab a clean cup and start fresh. The small cup also happens to be the ideal size for making a single serving of homemade almond or peanut butter.

In addition to the drawback of not being a high quality blender, the Cooks Power Blender also doesn't live up to its marketing message of being able to blend "virtually anything in 10 seconds." It takes about four minutes for it to make a smoothie and even longer to make almond or peanut butter. This doesn't bother me because I use the Cooks Power Blender because it is easy to clean, convenient, and ideal for single servings. However, if you are looking for a fast blender, this isn't it.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews