Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 10:59 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,534,307 times

Advertisements

General Electric Dishwasher model # GLD2800TWW

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

Although I have had times in my life where I have had to do without, I can honestly say I prefer to have a dishwasher in my home. Since living in the US, I have always had General Electric dishwashers and currently own model # GLD2800TWW. For the modest MSRP of $329, this product is pretty good value for money.

My model is a tall tub built-in dishwasher with a white front panel that matches my kitchen. It features a four level towerless wash system with two wash arms and self-cleaning five-stage filtration. This sounds impressive, but I still have occasions when I have to re-wash glasses because they have a residue inside or bits of food sitting in a pool on top. This aside, the dishes do get a good clean, especially heavy soiled pans for which there is a heavy soiled setting.

The interior capacity of the dishwasher is spacious and the white titanium racks provide enough room for 12 place settings of tableware or a variety of different dishes with room for approximately 20 glasses on the top rack. Silverware can be stacked separately in a deluxe multi-compartment basket.

Once the dishwasher is loaded and the detergent and rinsaid are added, the machine is easily closed and started with the push of a button. There is a separate button to add heat for drying at the end of the wash cycle. There is even a delayed-start option so you can set the dishwasher to come on two or four hours later. Personally, I have never used this function as I prefer to run my dishwasher while I'm home and awake. I find the audible end-of-cycle signal a little irritating too as I don't need reminding that the dishwasher needs emptying.

This model features a QuietPower motor and a Quiet water valve, but I still find I need to turn my television volume up while the dishwasher is running because I live in an open-plan house.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews