Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2018, 01:32 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,948,525 times

Advertisements

After thirty years, my kitchen cabinets are still in excellent condition. By this, I mean that they are not scratched or chipped at all. The ones near the stove, however, have a horrible build-up of grease, which is really detracting from their appearance. Has anyone found a good product to use that will cut through the grease all the way to the wood and leave the wood looking like it once did? Nothing I've tried has really worked, and I'm hoping to get some good suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2018, 10:08 AM

17 posts, read 15,540 times
Did you try TSP? You can buy it at any hardware store.

It's a strong cleaner and degreaser and should do the job for you. My only concern is for the finish on your cabinets. I would try it on a small hidden area first to make sure it doesn't strip the finish. It's not likely to happen but it's possible.

It will dry out the skin on your hands too so I recommend gloves.

Old 09-20-2018, 11:56 AM

50,351 posts, read 63,939,201 times
I use GooGone gel on my copper range hood when it get greasy. Spray it, let it set for a minute and wipe with a damp cloth. It melts the grease right off.

Old 09-20-2018, 01:21 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,948,525 times
I actually did find an absolutely fantastic product. It's called Krud Kutter. It's amazing!

Old 09-25-2018, 12:22 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,130,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I actually did find an absolutely fantastic product. It's called Krud Kutter. It's amazing!

Here is one works great and I believe you can find it in most Dollar Stores: https://www.meangreendegreaser.com/. It works great and is fairly inexpensive.

On the suggestion you had before to use TSP: Use rubber gloves if anybody tries it. You might want to consider goggles also to protect your eyes and maybe an plastic apron. It is caustic and can blind or cause burns in just a 1% solution: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trisodium_phosphate. Take notice of the safety ratting on the right side of that Wikipedia article.

If I get a chance I will try your Krud Kutter; thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews