Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2011, 03:36 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Gladiator 6' Modular Work Bench

gladiator-6-modular-work-bench photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I purchased the Gladiator 6' Modular Work Bench while gritting my teeth over the price. Paying right over four hundred dollars for what I viewed as a piece of thick wood stuck on top of a steel frame didn't appeal to me. However, my son explained the advantages and I bought based on his enthusiasm.

The product is sold with a limited lifetime warranty on the steel frame and a one year warranty covering the maple wood top. This product is the epitome of quality and really what a work bench should be. The flat smooth surface is an advantage and a nice change from the cheaper work benches we've owned in the past.

The bench is seventy-two inches long which is a little longer than what most people need in a work area but we appreciated the added length because my husband and son often work on projects simultaneously. The bench is sold with leveler pads but the four sturdy tubular legs guarantee this bench won't shake and rattle while I'm working. Once assembled, it's heavy and difficult to move without some help.

Unlike the cheaper benches we've purchased in the past, this product doesn't sink in the middle under massive weight. According to the manufacturer, the bench holds up to one thousand pounds and when I need a place to store table saws and other heavy duty tools, the dependable durability matters.

I like the plain design. Unlike other work stations or benches, I don't dodge unneeded handles or gadgets while working. There's plenty of open space underneath for storage or even roll-away cabinets.

The only complaint I have is about the price. In comparison to the competition, I would say the Gladiator is fifty dollars overpriced, but considering the product quality, I'm glad I purchased the work bench. I doubt I'll buy another one anytime soon because this work station was built to last.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews