Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2011, 03:37 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Hamilton Beach Wave Station Express Model 54641

Rating: 2 out of 5
  • Currently 2.0/5.0

I received this blender as a gift and wasn't sure I would like it from the moment I opened it up. I prefer glass jar blenders, so the plastic jar was an immediate disappointment.

As I have used this blender I have found that it does a decent job most of the time. Generally it will blend most items up, but often takes a little extra time or some shaking to loosen clumps. I have never tried crushing ice or blending extremely thick foods, since I don't think this blender would be able to handle it. I find that adding in frozen fruits a little at a time works best and that putting the liquid in first is very important to avoid items getting stuck in the blades.

The spout seems like it might be convenient at first glance, but seems to cause more trouble than its worth. I have had it clog up a couple of times. It has trouble dispensing anything other than a thin milkshake or smoothie. Also when using the spout you have to place something under it between cups or it ends up dripping all over the counter, which really makes a mess. The spout isn't too difficult to clean, but it is irritating to have another piece to worry about and remember.

The plastic jar seems cheap and is made from very low quality plastic. The spout and all of the accessories seem inexpensive as well. I know that this is a low cost blender, but I would rather pay more for something that works well and that doesn't feel like it is going to break. I rarely use it and have another blender that I prefer.

While this blender does work, I do not recommend it. The biggest selling feature on this blender is the spout and it doesn't work well. It doesn't have the power that I need from a blender.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews