U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2011, 01:35 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,558,095 times

Advertisements

Hoover WindTunnel Ultra Upright Vacuum U6434900

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

The Hoover WindTunnel Ultra Upright Vacuum U6434900 is in a league of its own. The vacuum uses Hoover's patented wind tunnel technology which results in a cleaner environment since more dirt is removed than if you use a vacuum from another manufacturer. The vacuum also uses a self-propel feature that makes vacuum almost effortless. If you are allergy prone or live in a dusty environment, this vacuum will make your life easier.

The cleaner has a carpet adjustment feature and an embedded Dirt Finder that checks to see if the area is clean and tells you if it is not. The bag has a HEPA filter which traps dust and dust mites. The vacuum also has a monitor to let you know the bag needs to be changed. Included accessories are a stretch hose, two extension wands, a crevice tool, upholstery too, and a dusting brush.

I could not believe the amount of dirt this machine extracted. I completely filled the bag when I vacuumed one room. I have used other vacuums with HEPA technology and I can honestly say that this vacuum is worth the purchase. An air freshener tablet keeps the air smelling fresh as you vacuum. The vacuum will also shut off if it overheats.

All of the replacement parts are affordable. I have not had a need to replace anything other than the filter and the bag, but it is nice to know that I will not go broke replacing anything else. I have read about the problems other users have had, but I have had no problems. The user manual is detailed and easy to follow. The vacuum cost $295 dollars and comes with a one year warranty.

Pros
Effortless to use
Wind Tunnel Technology which results in a cleaner environment
Self-Propel feature
Dirt Finder
HEPA filter
Monitor for bag

Cons
Dirt finder doesn't work with attachments

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or