U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2011, 11:58 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,562,790 times

Advertisements

KitchenAid Classic Series Stand Mixer

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I have had the KitchenAid Classic Series Stand Mixer for three years now and am quite pleased with the quality and performance of this machine. The machine is white and although there are a number of new colors out on the market which would complement my kitchen a lot better, I have not upgraded but kept my classic mixer. This is one of the best mixers I have ever had and will always use KitchenAid when it comes to a stand mixer because of the performance and easy to use dynamics.

I use this mixer a lot during the holidays but not so much during the summer season. It performs well when kneading bread or mixing cookie dough, and is a great machine for making homemade whipping cream. The stainless steel bowl makes it nice to chill in the freezer or refrigerator before use.

When I originally purchased the mixer it came with a one year warranty that I have never had to use. The warranty covered all parts and motor. I have never used the customer service department at KitchenAid but have heard that they are accommodating. What I really love about the machine is the ten speed options. The options make it convenient when mixing up all kinds of dough or ingredients. There is no digital timer but the machine can be set and run by itself while you take care of something else. I love the free-hand use available with the stand mixer.

One of the downsides to this mixer and one of the reasons why I would eventually upgrade is the size of the mixing bowl. On the classic mixer the bowl is 4.5 quarts, whereas some of the other free standing mixers have mixing bowls over 5 quarts. At first I didn't pay much attention to this but after years of using the machine I could appreciate a larger mixing bowl. For the price of the KitchenAid Classic the size does seem to suit though.

Other features of this mixer that makes the classic a good choice is the splash guard and also the feed tube. The noise level when in use is moderate and could be quieter, but again for the value it is what you could expect. For less than $200 you can enjoy a nice stand mixer that provides consistent mixing for years. I have heard that some users have had their mixer in operation for nearly 20 years.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or