Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2011, 11:59 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

The Wegan EL2022 Ionic Air Purifier is a small and quiet unit designed to plug into your car or truck's cigarette lighter. It claims that it eliminates unpleasant odors and fumes from your vehicle. In my experience, it doesn't come close to meeting their claim.

Wegan's EL2022 cleans the air without chemicals or filters. There is nothing to change, nothing to refill. In theory, you plug it in once and shouldn't have to touch it or do anything with it again. It is very simple to use. Remove it from the box, and plug it into your 12 volt cigarette lighter socket. That's it, the EL2022 should be working immediately. There is a light to indicate when the unit is turned on and running, which seems to be all the time. The unit is small, under five inches by an inch and a half. It is also very light, only a few ounces.

It is suppose to provide instant relief of lingering odors with fresh air for the drivers and passengers. In my experience, after using this 'air purifier' for over three weeks neither I nor my passengers ever felt relief nor fresh air while this unit was working.

The Wagan EL2022 Ionic Air Purifier is also suppose to eliminate bacteria, pollen and dust. The removal of these pollutants from your vehicle is suppose to give relief from allergies, hay fever and asthma. I had no way to monitor the levels of bacteria, pollen or dust in my car, so I can not make a judgment on if this Wegan Air Purifier works in removing them. I can say I felt no different, with or without the Wegan installed in my car.

Overall, after three weeks of using the Wagan EL2022 Ionic Air Purifier in my car, I did not notice any significant improvement in the air quality of my car. There was also no reduction in the smell within my car before or after the EL2022 was installed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews