Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2011, 12:59 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite Convertible Car Seat

safety-1st-alpha-omega-elite-convertible-car-seat photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

Of the few different car seats I have owned with my multiple children, I definitely feel like this one is the safest and most comfortable. As soon as I took it out of the box I literally wished I could fit in it, the thing is so well cushioned. The Alpha Omega Elite car seat comes in a few different color patterns. They are primarily black with just a hint of color, I chose the one with lime green. The seat was $159.99 which was more expensive than some models but the cushioning was significantly thinner in those. It was also less expensive than some other seats that perhaps offered a nicer color scheme or pattern but appearance means nothing when it comes to comfort and safety.

This convertible seat is actually three seats in one. It is a rear facing seat for a baby weighing between 5 and 35 pounds, front facing seat for 25 to 40 pounds and then a booster for a child up to 100 pounds. There is a removable cup holder and it adjusts in the front with a five point harness. It is easy to use the recline feature, it has an infant head support and it exceeds Federal Safety Standards which is very important. The best part about this thing is that the car seat pad is removable and washable in the washing machine, a feature any mother can appreciate. This is just an all around fabulous seat. The energy absorbing foam literally enveloped my baby in cushioning and comfort, he just looked happy in it.

I will say that I feel that the seat is wide, actually, it is the base that is wide so if you have a smaller car or bucket seats, this may not be an ideal choice. A helpful tip is to take the seat off of the base when you install it. I struggled for awhile because I couldn't' get it as tight as I felt that it should be and I got really frustrated. Then I looked online and stumbled across an installation video and once I took the seat off the base I had it installed and nice and tight in a matter of minutes. I have never once questioned the safety of my child sitting in this seat.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews