U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-17-2011, 03:27 AM

2,186 posts, read 3,105,009 times
Default Review of 2008 Hummer H2

2008 Hummer H2

Rating: 1 out of 5
  • Currently 1.0/5.0

What a behemoth this vehicle is. I've always scratched my head when it comes to the number of Hummers that proliferated on the road before the sharp spike in oil prices and the resulting economic downturn eventually hammered a series of nails in this vehicle's metaphorical coffin. While the production of the H2 has been suspended for the immediate future and is scheduled to return in the not too distant tomorrow, there are a number of Hummer vehicles that are sadly sitting around dealerships collecting rust.
I imagine the big turn on to the H2 was its size. The huge boom of consumer interest in large sport utility vehicles reached its zenith during the early parts of the 21st century and the Hummer H2 certainly catered to that market. Nevertheless, while this vehicle is certainly a monster from the outside, the interior is one of the biggest surprises I've ever experienced when hauling myself in and out of a large sport utility vehicle.
The interior is a complete joke. It's absolutely claustrophobic. Judging from the exterior, one would think passengers would be capable of doing gymnastics inside the cavernous bulk of the Hummer H2. It seemed far too much space was sacrificed for all of the external workings. While the Hummer H2 is one of the few sport utility vehicles people can actually go off road in, this commitment has made the vehicle sorely lacking in accommodations. Trying to load anything beyond the weekly groceries in this vehicle is a difficult proposition at best. The interior is just far too cramped.
Driving the Hummer H2 is akin to piloting a large watercraft. The vehicle is certainly solid but don't try taking any turns in haste. Being behind the wheel of this vehicle was a little nerve wracking because it just had such a terrible response time. Slow and steady is the key here. Fuel efficiency, not surprisingly, was atrocious.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 07:36 PM

1 posts, read 736 times
I have also a hummer, man to be honest it's very expensive to buy new hummer releases.
I'm just now fixing whatever part is broken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews