Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2011, 12:20 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

Epiphone Sheraton II Left Handed Electric Guitar

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I have consistently had problems all my life obtaining correct equipment due to my left handedness, but musically I really have no qualms.* My choice of instrument is the electric guitar and I recently purchased a semi acoustic Epiphone Sheraton II.* I always believed I could play reasonably, but to be honest the sound my previous guitar made didn't particularly back that up.* *
The difference since my change to the Sheraton is like night and day; the tones it produces are so warm, similar in many ways to those of a jazz guitar.* Whether it's plugged into an amp or not, it sounds brilliant.* The pick-ups are excellent and it has separate tone and volume controls, dual humbuckers and its lock tone tail-piece makes the string changes much easier.* I really can't praise the instrument enough.*
The look is incredible too; I actually chose mine through a catalog and was a little worried I wouldn't like the vintage sunburst color, but it was much lighter in reality, and I think it looks fantastic.* The maple and gold combine superbly to give a really classy appearance.*
If I had to pick faults then it would really be fussy, but the gold on the tail-piece has become somewhat tarnished and the frets are slightly duller.* In addition, the neck of the guitar is maybe a little too thin, but that is only because I was used to a thicker version and I have become used to the slighter effect now.* I have encountered some problems regarding feedback, but that I think is more to do with the user rather than the instrument!*
The quality of the left handed Epiphone Sheraton II makes a complete nonsense of the staggeringly generous price of $619.* As a competitor, the G&L tribute series ASAT classic has a similarity about it and can be obtained for $599; but in all honesty I wouldn't ever contemplate swapping mine. *

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews