Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2011, 12:21 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

I recently purchase this Rival 12 cup Coffee Maker at Walmart for $10 our old coffee didn't fit under the kitchen cabinets on the counter so it was always in the way. I wanted to just grab the cheapest coffee maker they have and be done with it, at that time I rarely drank coffee, so I thought who cares we go through a pot every few days, it doesn't matter what it does as long as it can make coffee. Wrong! We now are drinking more coffee thanks to my new found love for iced coffee. This Rival 12 cup brews the coffee just fine but to pour the coffee out of the "non-drip" carafe is a pain, my counters and cupboards have coffee spill all over them all the time. The coffee drips around the sides of the v spout of the carafe, spilling a stream of coffee every time you pour, the same thing happens when pour the water into the water tank. The water leaks all over the counter the same way the coffee does. The handle of the carafe is ergonomic and easy to hold, just not easy to not spill. This happens to both me and my husband and we are both able bodied people, it is just poor design. The removable filter basket is hard to get in and out, one time it caught wrong and spilled everywhere on the floor. Sometimes it doesn't even go in properly and needs to be constantly re worked. The pause 'n serve function is quite nice and has worked wonderful for the first couple of weeks but is now sticking so when removing a full pot of coffee from the burner it will splash on the burner cause the pause 'n serve sticks. The tank does have a water level indicator on the interior back so it is easy to not overfill. I would recommend, spend the extra 10 dollars and get a different coffee maker. Trust me you'll be glad you did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews