Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2011, 12:31 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

Specialized Sequoia Elite

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I purchased the Specialized Sequoia Elite bicycle in 2007 for a price of $1,100. It is the best bike I have ever owned. Although it is a man's bicycle, I use it for myself as I'm 5'10" tall. Because of this, I did have to get customized handlebars for a more specialized fit, as I am female and do not have broad shoulders. From the minute I tested this road bike I could tell it's superiority over any other bike I have owned, and I've owned a lot. The ride is very smooth and due to the light weight of it, it is very fast. It weighs under 20 lbs. It is silver in color with white writing and has Shimano break levers, derailleurs, chain and crankset. The front and rear hubs are made out of special forged alloy, and it comes with all conditioned sport tires.

The only downfall of this bike is the seat it came with. It was very thin and after approximately 20 miles it got uncomfortable, so I had to switch it out. I also switched out the pedals, in order to use my favorite riding shoes.

Overall I think that this is a great bike for the money. It is the first Specialized that I have owned and I will certainly try Specialized again when I'm in the market for a new bike. The amount of time I've spent riding on it has proven it's worth to me. The rides are always smooth with no hassles and enjoyable. I feel as if I can take this bike out for a leisurely ride or use it for my triathlon training. The comfort of the fit for a taller woman is nice. I would certainly look at buying a newer model of this bike when I am in the market for one.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews