Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2011, 12:31 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

dacor Epicure 48" Dual Fuel Range (ER48D)

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

My wife is absolutely in love with our dacor Epicure 48" Dual Fuel Range (ER48D). It has a very sexy look, for a range, especially with the patina of brushed stainless steel and sleek burner design that puts the entire cooking surface on one level, meaning that pans do not slip off the buners no matter how much they get pushed and nudged and the dacor's signature Illumina Burner controls ensure that the flames are smooth and steady, no hiccups, no surges, and not a whiff of a scent of fuel.

The Epicure has a control panel that pivots upwards for easy viewing so that you can ensure that everything is working correctly, and be able to adjust the oven without having to stoop and peer, and a baking element that insures perfect temperature accuracy, meaning that the food cooked in the oven will bake exactly as the recipe says it will. While I would never admit this to my wife at the risk of losing a limb, her cooking has improved tenfold since using the dacor Epicure. One of my favorite features of the Epicure is its ease of clean-up. Since I am the one who usually ends up having to clean the stove, this is very important feature.

In fact, the quality of the range almost makes me forget the one imperfect feature of the dacor Eicure, its price tag. At $10,639.00 I nearly dropped dead when I saw the price tag, but I'm glad now that I let my wife talk me into it, even if I had to pay extra for the fan, and the quality of the product overall is exceptional.

All in all, when combined with the raised vent (which is extra), the dacor range is hard to beat for pure quality, durability, and aesthetics.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews