Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2011, 03:04 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

Craftsman 17310 19.2V Cordless Drill

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

There is a lot of variation between tools made for the average home owner and those that are of contractor grade and cost a great deal of money. Craftsman tools are favorites of many from both sides and the Craftsman 19.2V Cordless Drill is at the top of the list for many who find a drill to be an important tool for everyday use. Cordless drills have come a long way and this is a great choice for those like me who are constantly finding new ways to put tools to the test.

I like the fact that the gauge lets me know how much battery life is left. That way, I don't end up getting myself into an awkward position only to have the battery go dead and have to go back and change the battery. The drill has a Die Hard Lithium battery and it comes with one battery and a charger. I did purchase an extra battery which raised the price quite a bit but it was a necessity. When you use the drill for big jobs, one battery isn't enough. With two, one is always on the charger while I am using the other one.

The powerful drill comes with two screwdriver bits, one for straight and the other for Phillips screws with two sizes for each. I don't know how many times I have had to rely on it just for these when something comes loose around the house. It's also reversible. For longer jobs, it is lightweight and ergonomically designed so holding it for long periods is easy and doesn't cause hand fatigue.

The drill also has an LED light so I can see what I am working on in any kind of light. The drill's smaller size and power make it ideal for any type of job. It also features a chuck that you can use with one hand so that it's easy to change bits without having two free hands.

The Craftsman 19.2V cordless drill is easy to use no matter how small or big the job. Although you can get similar features in other drills, they are more expensive than this one. I would definitely recommend purchasing an additional battery so you are never without a charged one. Otherwise, you will find it frustrating when the power is suddenly gone and the job isn't finished. Otherwise, it has all the features and the power that you will need and easy availability of Craftsman accessories.

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews