Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2011, 02:04 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4 Door Sedan

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

We purchased our 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid new, and immediately appreciated it. At a cost of $29,000 we felt that it was a good deal. It has many features, including a built in GPS navigation system, bluetooth hands free phone, radio with CD player, leather seats, inside/outside temperature gauges, heated seats, a port to plug in your ipod, and a smart key. The heating/ac and bluetooth are all easy to change with buttons located on the steering wheel. Not only does it drive smooth, but it handles all types of road conditions. The inside is comfortable and seats five, although three adults in the back is a tight fit. The ride is smooth and quiet, and overall is a fun car to drive.

The car boasts an average gas mileage of 33 city/34 highway, although we have gotten up to 40 mpg at times. While there is a display light to tell you if you are using gas or electric, at no time while driving can you tell the difference between when the car is using gas versus when it is using electric. I feel very safe when driving this vehicle as it has daytime running lights and has received a 5/5 rating on both front and side impact.

One downside to the car is that it does not have any type of protection on the outside of the car doors, and as a result we do have a few dings and scratches. While the GPS is nice, it took quite a bit of time to learn, and I could see people who might just give up on it. It also isn't always accurate, and before the last street to my home tells me to turn right instead of left.

Overall, I feel that this car is well worth the money.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews