Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2011, 02:05 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Black and Decker 1/4 Sheet Sander with Filtered Dust Collection QS900

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

I purchased this sander a few months back and was immediately attracted to the dust filter. Unfortunately this was my biggest disappointment in this sander. Overall it is a great sander. It works well, is compact, very lightweight and is comfortable to use. However, the dust filter hardly works and falls of frequently. I spend more time fiddling with the filter than I do sanding. Since this was my reason for purchasing this particular model, I find this a real disappointment although the sander is great in every other way.

This sander is very compact and lightweight. It weighs less than 5 pounds, but works very effectively for its small size. The handle is padded and very comfortable to hold. This makes this a great choice for long jobs. It works quickly, which was surprising considering the small size. It is easy to replace the sandpaper when needed and can use standard sheets, so it is very affordable.

One thing that I love about this sander is how versatile it is. Depending on the sand paper selected, it can be used on almost any job. It easily strips paint and prepares surfaces for paint or finish.

It is also easy to store. This is one of the most compact full size sanders I have ever owned and I like that it can easily fit in a drawer or small area. The filter just takes up additional space and serves no purpose, so I wish that it was not part of this sander. The small size and lightweight makes this a great choice for those that only use a sander occasionally, although it heavy duty enough for frequent use as well.

This is a great little sander, but I would not recommend the air filter. While this was a disappointment, I am otherwise very happy with the other aspects of this sander.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews